Wage increases for London workers…
- The Living Wage Foundation announces new UK Living Wage hourly rate of £9.30 per hour, an increase of 30p per hour
- The new London Living Wage is £10.75 per hour, an increase of 20p per hour
- The UK rate is £1.09 per hour more than the government minimum wage (for over 25s) and the London Living Wage is £2.54 per hour higher
- Over 210,000 workers are set for a pay rise, with the difference between the real Living Wage and the minimum wage growing to over £2,000 UK wide and almost £5,000 in London.
- New research finds that over £1.1bnin extra wages has gone to low-paid workers because of the Living Wage movement, including £257 million in the last year alone.
- Analysis from IHS Markit for KPMG finds that 5.2 million workers are still paid under the real Living Wage; the lowest figure for seven years