Our client, an independent school based in South London is looking for an experienced MIS Manager to take responsibility for the day-to-day support of their MIS systems across the school, this is an initial 12 month maternity contract. The ideal candidate will have previous experience dealing with iSAMS within a school environment although any SQL experts will be considered. Working with another MIS Manager, this is a great opportunity to join a close knit IT function within a demanding yet fun and friendly environment.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Management Information Systems: Manage and administer the registration, assessment, reporting and administrative systems.
- Create and coordinate a list of annual iSAMS tasks with guidance for all iSAMS stakeholders with particular emphasis on End of Year procedures.
- Identify training requirements for iSAMS stakeholders and where appropriate provide internal training or recommend suitable courses.
- Arrange discussions/meetings as appropriate with iSAMS stakeholders to ensure parity.
- Meet regularly with iSAMS stakeholders to provide guidance and direction.
- Arrange “iSAMS user group” discussions as appropriate to ensure stakeholders are kept up-to-date and future direction is agreed.
- Create all new iSAMS user accounts as necessary and ensure appropriate levels of access.
- Create and manage all “templates” and “report cycles” in Reports Manager.
- Maintain and support school report sessions using the Online Assessment System (OAS) and Reports Wizard.
- After each assessment and reporting session, ensure the academic reports are generated so families can view their child’s report on Firefly.
- Key liaison with iSAMS Support.
- Maintain a knowledge base for common MIS-related issues and procedures.
- Design and develop solutions to meet specific requirements for the School.
The ideal candidate must have working knowledge of iSAMS and or SQL within a school environment at both user and technical levels. You will have previously managed a schools assessment and reporting system, have the ability to produce high level reports at short notice and explain the outcome in simple terms to your peers. Although you will work closely with the team the ability to work independently using your own initiative is essential as is strong communication skills and stakeholder management exposure. In return, this school offers an extremely competitive salary, with excellent benefits, flexible working and an inclusive working environment.