We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Property Accountant to join this FTSE listed retail group within their central London based head office. The key purpose of this role is to provide commercial insight and decision support to the property team and maintain accounting records for the head office property companies.
Maintaining the accounting records for four property and lease holding companies, including maintaining appropriate accounting records of major transactions e.g. site acquisitions.
- Business partnering the Group Property team on transactions, including commercial insight and decision support
- Interacting with the management company for sites, to ensure you obtain the right financial information and understand what is happening at each site
- Business partnering with legal and other teams as required, on transactions, period end reporting, budgeting and forecasting
- Maintaining the records of certain head office investment holding companies, in a multicurrency environment Statutory accounts prep for all companies looked after
- Qualified accountant with experience in preparing statutory accounts
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships across a group function
- Exposure to property accounting
- An attention to detail with high energy and enthusiasm
- A proactive and inquisitive nature with a “can do” approach
- A good team player, with the ability to work across the wider business